Academic journal articles
- Bilgili, Ö. (2016). A new strategy: coherent and complementary integration and development policies. Migration Policy Practice, IOM, Vol VI, No.1
- Sturge G., Bilgili, Ö., & Siegel, M. (2016) Migrant skills and development potential: a study on economic and social remittances. Global Networks. Article first published online: 2 MAR 2016 DOI: 10.1111/glob.12117
- Bilgili, Ö. (2015). Economic Integration for Sending Money back home? Journal of Immigrant and Refugee Studies, 13 (4) 379-400.
- Bilgili, Ö. & Siegel, M. (2015). To Return Permanently or to Return Temporarily? Explaining Migrants’ Intentions. Migration & Development. DOI:10.1080/21632324.2015.1088241
- Bilgili, Ö. (2014). Migrants’ Multi-Sited Social Lives. Comparative Migration Studies, 2(3), 283-304.
- Bilgili, Ö. & Siegel, M. (2014). Policy perspectives of Turkey towards return migration: From permissive indifference to selective difference. Migration Letters, 11(2), 218-228.
- Engbersen, G., Bakker, L., Erdal, M. B., & Bilgili, Ö. (2014). Transnationalism in a Comparative Perspective. Comparative Migration Studies, 2(3), 255-260.
- Volante, L., Klinger, D., & Bilgili, O. (Ed.). Immigrant Student Achievement and Education Policy: Cross-Cultural Approaches. Policy Implications of Research in Education Series. Springer Press. Forthcoming.
- Huddleston T., Bilgili, Ö., Joki A.L. & Vankova, Z. (2015). MIPEX 2015. Migration Policy Group, Brussels.
- Bilgili, Özge (2014). Simultaneity in Transnational Migration Research: Links between Migrants’ Home and Host Country Orientation, Boekenplan, Maastricht.
- Bilgili, Ö., Volante, L., Klinger, D., & (Forthcoming). Immigrant Student Achievement and the Performance Disadvantage, in Volante, L., Klinger, D., & Bilgili, O. (Ed.). Immigrant Student Achievement and Education Policy: Cross-Cultural Approaches. Policy Implications of Research in Education Series. Springer Press.
- Bilgili, Ö. & Weyel S. (2016). Diaspora Engagement Policies: A Comparison between the Turkish and Moroccan Case. In D. Besharov and M. Lopez (Eds.) Adjusting to a World in Motion: Trends in Global Migration and Migration Policy. Boston: Oxford University Press.
- Bilgili, Ö. & Siegel M. (2013) “From Economic to Political Engagement: Analysing the Changing Role of the Turkish Diaspora”, in Collyer, Michael Emigration Nations: the ideologies and policies of emigrant engagement, Palgrave.
Refereed reports & Papers
- Bilgili, Ö., Loschmann, C., Siegel, M. (2017), The Gender-Based Effects of Displacement: The Case of Congolese Refugees in Rwanda. KNOMAD Working Paper 21. World Bank. http://www.knomad.org/docs/gender/WP21_The%20Gender-Based%20Effects%20of%20Displacement%20-%20Rwanda_final%20version.pdf
- Volante, L., Klinger D., Bilgili, Ö. & Siegel, M. (2017), The Immigrant (Dis)advantage Addressing student achievement gaps. Education Canada. http://www.cea-ace.ca/education-canada/article/immigrant-disadvantage
- Bilgili, Ö. & Marchand, K. (2016). Domain 3: Protection and Migration. Thematic Input Paper - Agadir Regional Thematic Exchange Meeting. Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation: Bern, Switzerland.
- Bilgili, Ö. (2015). Evaluating impact: Lessons learned from robust evaluations of labour market policies, MIPEX Project: http://mipex.eu/sites/default/files/downloads/files/mipex_evaluating-impact-lessons-learned-from-robust-evaluations-of-labour-market-integration-policies.pdf
- Bilgili, Ö., Huddleston T., and Joki A.L. (2015). The Dynamics between Integration Policies and Outcomes: a Synthesis of the Literature, MIPEX Project: http://www.migpolgroup.com/portfolio/the-dynamics-between-integration-policies-and-outcomes-a-synthesis-of-the-literature/
- Bilgili Ö. & Agimi, I. (2015). Supporting Immigrant Integration in Europe: What Role for Origin Countries’ Subnational Authorities, MPI Europe, Conceptual paper for INTERACT project: http://www.migrationpolicy.org/research/supporting-immigrant-integration-europe-what-role-origin-countries-subnational-authorities
- Bilgili, Özge & Melissa Siegel, 2015, Migration and Development: A World in Motion - The Netherlands Country Profile, IS Academy Survey: the Netherlands: http://www.merit.unu.edu/publications/uploads/1449842917.pdf
- Bilgili Ö. (2012). Turkey’s Multifarious Attitude towards Migration and its Migrants (European University Institute – CARIM Migration Summer School – Best Participant Essays Series): http://www.migrationpolicycentre.eu/docs/MPC%202012%20EN%2001.pdf
- Bilgili Ö. (2012). Migration and Development: A World in Motion – Fieldwork Report: Methodology and Sampling: http://mgsog.merit.unu.edu/ISacademie/docs/nl_fieldworkreport.pdf
- Bilgili, Ö. & Weyel S. (2009). Migration in Morocco: History, Current Trends and Future Prospects. Paper Series: Migration and Development Country Profiles. Maastricht Graduate School of Governance: http://mgsog.merit.unu.edu/ISacademie/docs/CR_morocco.pdf
- The links between economic integration and remittances behaviour of migrants in the Netherlands, UNU-MERIT Working Paper: http://www.merit.unu.edu/publications/wppdf/2013/wp2013-037.pdf
- Understanding the changing role of the Turkish diaspora, UNU-MERIT Working Paper (Co-authoring with Melissa Siegel): http://www.merit.unu.edu/publications/wppdf/2011/wp2011-039.pdf
- Ethnic identification, acculturation strategies and homeland attachment – Presented at PRIO Integration and Transnationalism in Europe Workshop in October 2013
- MSc. Thesis: “Educational achievement of migrant children: Does parents’ relative education play a role?” ( using PISA 2000-2003-2006 datasets and the World Bank Development Indicators)